(TORONTO, ON. – September 5, 2014) – Modern life can be busy and demanding – and the 2015 Toyota Highlander and Highlander Hybrid are more than up to the task. This popular mid-size SUV has it all: Versatility, convenience, a well-mannered easy driving experience, style, comfort and more. And with a choice of drive trains, seating arrangements, and trim levels, there’s a Highlander or Highlander Hybrid for every active Canadian family.
“In the 2015 Highlander and Highlander Hybrid, Toyota designers and engineers have created a great family of vehicles for Canadians,” said Larry Hutchinson, Vice President of Toyota Canada Inc. “The Highlander and Highlander Hybrid combine terrific versatility for transporting people and gear with style and performance that reflects a more modern, active lifestyle.”
Highlander’s great versatility starts with a wide range of vehicles from which to choose – including four Highlander and three Highlander Hybrid models. These offer tremendous choice – including three drive trains (FWD, AWD and Hybrid AWD) and two seating configurations (seven-person with first and second row captain’s seats, or eight-person).
At the same time, the Highlander family leaves nothing out, with an extensive list of premium standard features on every model:
- All 2015 Toyota Highlander models are standard equipped with: 6.1” Display Audio system with touchscreen, USB and Bluetooth connectivity, voice recognition, and steering wheel-mounted audio controls; dual-zone (front and rear) climate control; power door locks with keyless entry; power windows with driver and front passenger auto up/down function; tilting/telescoping steering column; plenty of thoughtful in-cabin storage (including a console box between the front seats designed to hold a large tote bag); reading lamps and cargo-area lamp; 12v DC accessory power outlets and retained accessory power; a power assisted rear door closer; power adjustable exterior mirrors with integrated signal lamps; front windshield de-icer; rear spoiler; aluminum alloy wheels with locks; and more.
- These features are also found on all 2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid models, which are also standard equipped with: Integrated XM Satellite Radio; three-zone independent automatic climate control with humidity sensor; automatic headlamps; a power rear door with jam protection and flip-up glass hatch; leather trimmed steering wheel and shift knob; the Toyota Smart Key System with Push Button Start; simulated leather door trim and front centre console box lid; silver accented interior trim; fog lamps; and more.
The strong, sleek exterior and beautiful, functional interior deliver big helpings of style, comfort and capacity. The third-row seat has space for three people, making the Highlander family one of the few eight-person choices in the segment, while there’s plenty of cargo space – even with all seats occupied.
The 2015 Highlander and Highlander Hybrid are stable on the road and drive like a passenger car, thanks to Toyota’s careful engineering of all drive and handling systems. The electric power steering and suspension have been optimized to deliver smooth lane changes and impressive cornering.
- Highlander models feature a 3.5L V6 with a six-speed automatic transmission offering smooth shifts and confident acceleration, plus a choice of fuel-efficient front wheel drive or the added all-weather driving confidence of all-wheel-drive.
- Highlander Hybrid models feature the Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive, built around a 3.5L V6 Atkinson cycle engine, an electronically controlled continuously variable transmission, a high-torque electric motor/generator and a powerful traction battery – all working in concert under the direction of a sophisticated power management system. The Highlander Hybrid features AWD-i, which delivers exceptional traction and fuel efficiency, helping Highlander Hybrid to back-to-back wins (2013-2014) in the hybrid/crossover category for best value from automotive analyst Vincentric LLC.
The 2015 Highlander family also maintains Toyota’s no-compromise commitment to safety. In addition to eight airbags, all Highlander and Highlander Hybrid models are standard equipped with a back-up camera, connected to a larger display in the console for even better visibility. Additionally, available safety technologies include Toyota’s Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert System; Lane Departure Alert; and Pre-Collision System.
As with every new Toyota since 2011, the 2015 Highlander family is standard equipped with the six active safety technologies of the Toyota Star Safety System: Antilock Brake System, Brake Assist, Electronic Brake-force Distribution, Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control and Smart Stop Technology work together to help drivers avoid potential accident situations.
For 2015, the Toyota Highlander is offered in four models as follows:
2015 Toyota Highlander LE (MSRP starting at $31,975)
2015 Toyota Highlander LE AWD (MSRP starting at $34,475)
The front wheel drive Highlander LE features a V6 that delivers up to 270 horsepower for great performance, coupled with a fuel efficiency of 11.1 L per 100 KM (city/highway combined).
The Highlander LE AWD offers the same full feature set at the front-drive model, plus the added all-weather confidence of an all-wheel-drive system featuring Dynamic Torque Control with Downhill Assist Control to maximize efficiency, performance and drivability. The Highlander LE AWD achieves a fuel efficiency of 11.6 L per 100 KM (city/highway combined).
- These models may be ordered with an available Convenience Package, which features unique 18” alloy wheels and adds popular upgrades including: eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat; fog lamps; power rear door with jam protection; keyless entry with hatch release; a flip-up glass hatch on the rear door; heated front seats finished in cloth and Softex materials; leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob; three-zone independent automatic climate control; and Sirius XM Satellite Radio.
- This package may be ordered with an available option which adds leather seating.
2015 Toyota Highlander XLE AWD (MSRP starting at $40,195)
The Highlander XLE builds on the LE model with several additional features as standard. These include: A navigation system with an 8” touch-screen; the Easy Speak system which facilitates conversation between those in the front and rear seats; rear door sunshades; the Toyota Smart Key System with Push Button Start; leather seat surfaces; eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with adjustable cushion length; fog lights; power rear door with jam protection; a flip-up glass hatch on the rear door; heated front seats; leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob; power moon roof; three-zone independent automatic climate control system; a larger, 4.2” colour multi-information display linked to audio system; integrated garage door opener; roof rails with crossbars; and more.
2015 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD (MSRP starting at $45,395)
The Highlander Limited builds on the XLE model, creating a premium mid-size, 7 passenger SUV that stands out from the competition. In addition to XLE features, standard features on the Limited model include: a 12-speaker JBL Synthesis Audio system; heated steering wheel; front heated and ventilated seats; heated 2nd row captain’s seats; perforated leather seat surfaces; a driver’s seat/mirror memory system; auto up/down function on all windows; a panoramic moon roof; wood grain interior trim; front doorsill trim with aluminum accents; interior LED ambient lighting; steering wheel-mounted HVAC controls; clearance sonar system; Toyota’s Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert safety systems; roof rails with chrome trim and cross bars; 19” chrome-clad alloy wheels; and more.
For 2015, the Toyota Highlander Hybrid is offered in three models as follows:
2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid LE (starting MSRP: $44,015)
The 2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid LE features seating for eight; 18” aluminum alloy wheels; a 3.5” multi-information display; front row captain’s seats; a 60/40 split 2nd row bench seat with seat slide and 60/40 split fold-flat third row seat; seat surfaces trimmed in cloth and Softex material; auto up/down function on driver and front passenger windows; cruise control; the Toyota Smart Key System with Push Button Start; and more. It may be ordered with an available leather package which adds leather seating.
2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid XLE (starting MSRP: $46,440)
The 2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid XLE features a 4.2” colour LCD multi-information display; 8” Display Audio touchscreen; Navigation; the Easy Speak system which facilitates conversation between those in the front and rear seats; front row captain’s seats; a 60/40 split second row bench seat with seat slide and 60/40 split fold-flat third row seat combine to offer seating for eight; leather seat surfaces on the first two rows of seats; auto up/down function on driver and front passenger windows; cruise control; integrated garage door opener; rear door sunshades; anti-theft system; 19” aluminum alloy wheels; silver painted roof rails with cross-bars; a power moon roof; and more.
2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited (starting MSRP: $52,990)
The 2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited features a 4.2” colour LCD multi-information display; 8” Display Audio touchscreen; Navigation; 12 speaker JBL Synthesis audio system; the Easy Speak system; driver’s seat memory system; power front captain’s seats; second row captain’s seats with slide and recline, and 60/40 split fold-flat third row seat that combine to offer seven-person capacity; perforated leather seat surfaces on the first two rows of seats; heated and ventilated front row seats; heated second row seats; auto up/down function on all windows; heated steering wheel; LED ambient cabin lighting; dynamic radar cruise control; integrated garage door opener; rear door sunshade; anti-theft system; 19” chrome clad alloy wheels; roof rails with chrome trim and accompanying cross-bars; a panoramic glass roof; automatic high beam feature; Toyota’s Pre-Collision System, Lane Departure Alert system, Adaptive Cruise Control; Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert; and more.
The 2015 Toyota Highlander and Toyota Highlander Hybrid are now on sale at Toyota Dealers across Canada.